Original Post Date: 4:35 am, September 30, 2013
Here is a quick tutorial on how to whiten teeth in GIMP.
I had to do this to my own teeth as they were too yellow, i blame the camera (or the coffee) ;)..
Anyway here we go:
1. Open the image...
2. Duplicate the layer (right click and select duplicate)
3. Right click the duplicated layer and select Add Alpha Chanel.
4. Select the Paintbrush Tool P and select the fuzzy brush. Change the size to something that is large enough for you to easily lighten the teeth.
5. Change the Mode of the Brush to Saturation.
6. Colour in the teeth with the saturation brush. You can see the before and after images below.
Then you might want to adjust the opacity of that layer to make the teeth whitening look a bit more natural. Or you can just leave it with freakishly white teeth.